Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolutions....

I'm posting these a bit earlier than planned.... found a challenge I want to participate in so I needed to get this post up. The challenge, #27 on the Papercraft Star Blog,.

The challenge is as follows:

Make a card, layout, altered item, gift or home decor project using one of your New Year's Resolutions as your inspiration. Be sure to include the New Year's Resolution as part of your project description on your blog!

I have lots of resolutions....
1)Get healthy... cut the fast food/eating out to once/month
2)Stick to a budget - the stamp to spend challenge will hopefully help with that
3)Get caught up on my cousin J's scrapbooks
4)Do something crafty twice a week - Weds and Fridays most likely
5)Keep up to date on the birthday cards I make
6)Work on making a few Christmas cards a month..... I signed up to do 6/month and I hope to do more. 
7)Use all my stamps/stamp sets on at least 3 projects. Yes, every stamp I own is going to be inked 3 times this year, so I can decide what to keep and what to sell.... which leads to....
8)Keep on top of my stash/stay organized and get rid of what I'm not using.
9)Do a challenge from a blog once a month, minimum
10)Get back to work in a paid capacity, even if it's just 5-10 hours a week.

My project fits with # 4, #6, #7,#9.

I am not one for doing layouts about things like 1, 2 and 8.  I'm organizing photos for #3. I actually AM up to date on #5 and won't be working on more birthday cards until after the deadline for thsi challenge passes. 


Details:

Cardstock: Stampin Up Real Red, True Thyme
PP: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Stamp: Stampin; Up Christmas Rose... from the Christmas Cardinal set
Other: pencil crayons

10 comments:

Kim Duran said...

These are great resolutions! And it's such a good idea to create Christma cards throughout the year instead of waiting at the last minute. I might have to try that. Your flowers are so pretty too! Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Kristina said...

Fantastic resolutions and such a great card! Thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Becky said...

Beautiful card. I hope you will be able to stick to your resolutions. :)

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful card. I'm so trying to do #1 on your list. Good luck! Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Star!

Jennifer said...

Great resolutions. Looks like you are really planning ahead in this new year and good for you! I'm trying to stick to a budget this year myself so that we can buy a new car later in the year. Your Christmas card is beautiful! Good luck with your resolutions!

Jan Marie said...

I came over from two peas. I am glad I found your blog. That is a fun challenge, I may have to check in there when I get the time.

Jacquel said...

Nice card & layout...great work! I like your resolutions too. I didn't make any myself but I do have personal goals to achieve. Good luck with yours!!!

Tina Connolly said...

Great resolutions! Your card is lovely.

Heather B said...

Those are some great resolutions! Good luck.

The Mama Monkey said...

What great resolutions! I want to spend less and use more this year as well. :) I love your Christmas card! So good to start them early! (and stick to your resolution!)