Thursday, April 28, 2011

Basketball, birthdays and balderdash....


I was shocked at Easter when I posted and realized it was my first blog entry all month. Gotta try to do better with my posting. I just hadn't finished any projects and I am never sure if people like the posts that are just photos and writig about what's been happening in my life.

I joined a stamper's group and attended my first party in April. We made 3 cards. I'll post the third one soon... it will be my mom's Mother's Day card and I want to give it to her before I post it.

I have to say that I am in love with the Sunny Garden DSP and I must have it at some point.



Card details - all products Stampin Up!:
On Your Birthday:
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist
Ink: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes and unkown background/sentiment

Happy Birthday
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz
Ink: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
DSP: Sunny Garden
Stamps: Animal Stories and unknown sentiment
A few non-cardmaking related highlights of the past month or so:

I attended a birthday party for one of the guy's at our church. Take a look at this cake! My friend Chris made it; she is SO talented.
Here's a picture of the birthday boy. He was in his element, up on stage playing with his bands. He's played with different guys over the years, mostly friends, I think. All of them got a chance to come up and jam with him. I love listening to him. He also plays in chuch sometimes and he's very talented. The party was awesome. Lots of great food, fellowship and fun on the dance floor.











Super proud of the Terrific 12 Year Old. She played basketball this year, and I managed to get to their quarterfinal playoff game. They won. I took a picture of the final score for posterity and because I knew she wouldn't want a post game picture posted on my blog for the world to see.  They lost their next two games and came in 4th out of 14 teams. The reason we were all so proud of her, beyond how they did, is the fact that she played despite a sore ankle, which it turns out was sprained.

10 comments:

Becky said...

What wonderful cards...And that cake is awesome.

Tina Connolly said...

Hope you had a great Easter. Lovely cards! The cake is fantastic, your friend is very talented.

Jacquel said...

That cake is awesome & your cards are very cute....great layouts on both. TFS!!!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great cards! And yes your friend is talented! That cake is awesome!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love those SU cards! Nice to see something more masculine, as we can always use inspiration in that area!

That cake is amazing...your friend is so talented!

Heather B said...

I love your posts, Tania!! Keep posting!

The Sunny Garden DSP is so beautiful. I just got it myself. Enjoy, great cards.

Mary Hamer said...

Wow....your friend is a very talented cake artist! Yum!! Great cards!

Tee McNeil Art said...

You are a winner on my blog today! Please use the contact form on my blog to send me your email address so that I can send you your prize!

http://www.greenislescrafts.com/2011/05/may-1st-blog-candy-winner.html

Or you can leave a comment on this post with your email address in the comment. It's just safer to use the contact form!

Congrats.. Tee

Jennipher said...

Tania, I always enjoy seeing your cards as they remind me of something fresh out of the SU catalog. And that cake is rockin'!

Helena said...

That is a cool cake!