Friday, August 17, 2012

August VC Rocks Blog Hop!

Good evening!

I am so honoured to he the first stop of the August VC Rocks Blog Hop. This hop will be our final one of the season. Our theme for August is Punches, Big Shot, Simply Scored.

I almost didn't participate in this hop, because I havent' got the Simply Scored tool yet, and I don't really have any need for a Big Shot. I can use the one at the scrapbook store. Even if I wanted a Big Shot, I don't have room for it.

As I looked through my cards, I realized I have used LOTS of Stampin Up punches. In fact, there were so many that it was tough to choose. Ultimately I decided to focus on cards using punches that are still available. The majority of the ones I own border punches. The one used in the card above is probably my favourite. 

So far, my purchases have focussed on border, corner and label type punches. I want to be sure which shapes (ovals, circles, etc) I'll use before I lay out the money for them. I definitely need the circles that coordinate with my favourite set, Circle Circus. 


 Stampin' Up has some really unique shaped punches available. One that I really love is this Christmas decoration punch that coordinates with the beautiful Delightful Decorations set. This stamp set and the matching punch can help you make beautiful quick and easy cards! Although I want a few other sets first, I know I'm eventually going to end up with these stamps and the punch.



Last, I have two cards featuring the next punch I will be purchasing - the owl punch! I love him!!!! When I first saw it, I thought it was cute, but I couldn't see how I would get enough use of it to justify the purchase. I have changed my mind, in part due to the fun cards we've made with it at my stamp club and in part due to some wonderful examples that I see on blogs I follow. Mr. Owl is DEFINITELY going to be my birthday present to myself in October!



Well,l I hope that my post has inspired you to make your way through the blog hop and see the creations of the other talented women participating this weekend. Your next stop is Stamper Shirley's blog. If at any time you get lost, you can head back to the VC Rocks site to see the correct order. I also want to take the time to thank our hop organizer, Loni, for all her hard work in setting up the blog hops! I have really enjoyed being part of VC Rocks this year and I hope to be able to take part next year as well!

If you don't already subscribe to my blog, I'd love it if you did so. I have lots of cards organized to post on my blog every Monday, Thursday and Saturday, starting August 20, where I'll show you some cards using retired punches that didn't make the hop!



16 comments:

Krafting Karen said...

these are some great cards! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Carey said...

These are fantastic. I love all of them. My punches are special to me and I love using them.


Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you pointed out all the things you can do with SU! punches. I love all of mine almost as much as Ellen Kemper loves hers. TFS!

Tricia Butts said...

So many amazing card ideas. I love the cute owl punch, he is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your cards.
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com

stampershirley said...

Great job making use of what you have handy! I love the first card especially - so simple and clean and elegant. And your owl cards are so cute. I love ALL my punches (and I do have them all, I think). All are very nice cards - thanx for sharing.

creations by jackie said...

I think your cards are awesome and cute! You are right Stampin Up has a great assortment of punches. Thanks for sharing.

JustMeinIN said...

Cute cards! You have to get the owl punch. There is so much you can do with it besides just making owls. There's flowers, ghosts, penguins, etc.

Lots of fun!

June Reister

Brenda said...

Great cards and definitely a variety, a little something for everyone. Great job!

Mary said...

Love the Owl cards.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your cards as well as what you did with the punches. I also love punches and would own all of them if I had the room.:)
Marsha
bestprepgirl@comcast.net

MJ said...

What cute ideas, glad you joined us you have some darling punch cards.

Patrice Herrera said...

What a great display of the use of punches! Your cards are fantastic I love them all!

Shari said...

Cute stuff!

Janice said...

What great cards, Love them all!

Tina Connolly said...

Hi Tania, Fabulous cards! I really love the cute owl one, it's so much fun with the balloons and pinwheel paper.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks so much for linking up your cute owl cards at still addINKtive this week.