Saturday, June 22, 2013

VC Rocks 2013

Welcome to the second VC Rocks Blog Hop of the 2013 season. I missed the first one. I forgot to change over my Yahoo! groups preferences so that group messages would come to my new email address. As a result, I missed the first hop and the beginning of VC.

For those who don't know, VC stands for Virtual Convention. It's a group for people who love all things Stampin Up. I love it because I get to talk to people who love these stamps and accessories as much as I do. We share camaraderie and great card ideas. I joined last year; I found it by fluke because it was mentioned on one of the blogs I follow. We have great card challenges. The challenges and hops really help me keep my mojo kickstarted in the hot summer months.

The theme of this hop is Punches, Big Shot and Simply Scored. Today I have 3 quick cards to share with you that feature use of the Big Shot. I confess I personally don't own a Big Shot; I use the one at the scrapbook store I crop at weekly, or I use the one at the home of the SU demo who holds the stamp club to which I belong.

I actually made all 3 of these cards at club. Normally I stray from my demo's original design somewhat to personalize what I'm creating. I don't think I did this time. On the first two I think I changed up the sentiment; originally they were birthday cards and I wanted a broader sentiment. On the last one, I coloured my flowers a bit differently. One of these first two cards will be an  anniversary for friends of mine who are having their 25th anniversary today.

The first card was done in May, our last time using Bashful Blue.It's not a favourite of mine but it's pretty here. I love that both the cardstock and patterned paper are embossed. It's not quite the same as the embedded embossing technique that uses a stamped image but the effect is similar.

The next two cards were made at our June club gathering, our final one until September. We got to play with lots of new products. The first card features the new Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I love it! I have got to get this folder, as well as the stamp set/punch bundle, and the matching paper. We also got to try out the new Crisp Cantaloupe ink pad and cardstock. The colour isn't my favourite, but I think it will grow on me. We used the Rock 'n Roll Technique to stamp the flower.



The final card features the new Wildflower Meadow background stamp and Embossing folder. I actually won the stamp at J's Open House a little before the party but I hadn't used it yet. I didn't think I'd be keeping it. I find that because I can't stand up, I don't often get enough pressure to get a good image with a larger stamp like this one. J. showed me a couple tricks that have me thinking I might be able to manage it. We coloured the stamp with markers rather than inking it. That, plus laying the paper over top of the stamp (rather than pressing the stamp down on to the paper) and using a brayer, resulted in quite a good image, especially by my standards. So now I am pondering that I may keep the stamp. I haven't decided.

One thing to note about using the combo of the stamp and the embossing folder - stamp the image first, then line it up in the folder. Someone either didn't hear J when she said that, or forgot, and the result was that it didn't line up properly.



For You card
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
DSP: Afternoon Tea? Or Epic Day This & That?*
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners (sentiment); unknown*
Ink: Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Other: Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder; Basic Black 1/4" Stitch Grosgrain Ribbon

Celebrate Today card
Cardstock: Basic Back, Crisp Cantaloupe
Stamps: Blooming With Kindness, Perfectly Penned
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Basic Black
Other: Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon

Blank Card
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush
Markers: Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz
Other: Scallop Border Punch


*If you know what stamp set the butterfly and circle are from, and/or you recognize the dsp in the first card, please let me know and I"ll correct my mistakes!

Hope you will head over to VC Rocks and check out the rest of the posters who have linked up projects!

13 comments:

Terri said...

Nice cards Tania! Love the blooming with kindness!

Krafting Karen said...

Great stamping projects! Thanks for sharing!

Tory said...

Pretty cards. I have to tell you that I LOVE the Crisp Cantalope. I think it will go with almost anything.

Stace said...

Wow they are all so pretty. I love the last one most because it is so bright and cheerful and I wish I could grow pretty flowers :)

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Great cards Tania! I like the Crisp Cantaloupe with Pistachio Pudding!

Deborah said...

All are wonderful! I especially like the last card with the stamped images embossed!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Oh what a nice collection of projects! I don't know which I like best - I like them all!!

Loni said...

Terrific projects Tania! Thanks for participating! -Loni

inkedx2 said...

I am running late on visiting the blogs. Great cards! Love the Blooming with Kindness one.

Jamie Adcock said...

Lovely cards Tania!

Mel said...

Loved your cards! Especially the 1st and 3rd one :)

Stamper Shirley said...

Nice work ... love the Wildflower Meadow card as I seem to be using it quite a lot with the EF. Thanx for sharing

Dell said...

Fantastic cards! TFS all the wonderful ideas.