Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy New Year!

Wow.. I'm late with a New Years' greeting this year.

It's been a busy time. I'm still recovering from that STUPID cold that's been going around; I'm one of the lucky one who got the long version of it. Plus my new little nephew was born, and the little guy had a bit of a rough go of it the first few weeks. All will be well, though.

It's time for the yearly goals and the my word for the year. Now, I know I've posted a word for the year in the past, but as hard as I've tried to find those past posts, I can't. I decided it doesn't matter, since ultimately I knew the word I was choosing for this year was different that past years. And really, even if it was the same as the one from a few years ago, who cares? Are the New Years Resolutions police going to come & arrest me? I think not!

So my word is Hope. We had a wonderful Advent series at our church this year where we focused on four words, Hope, Peace, Joy  and Love. Hope was the theme the week I spoke. I was very moved by the opportunity to not only share more about the way God's been working in me, but also to be able to light the Advent candle. I don't like to be too pushy about faith issues, so if you're interested in reading or listening, say so in the comments & I'll provide you with a link.

I have some crafty goals for the year:

-Finish 4 gift albums that need to be done

-Sort out my pages that are complete but not yet in albums

-Blog regularly. I have no excuse; I make a lot of cards - I just forget to post them. I have about 30 already photographed & ready to be posted.

-Whittle down my stash & be more intentional in my purchases. I'm already seeing progress here.

-Continue to get & stay organized

Other goals

-Read 12 books; in theory can likely read more but 1/month is a start, given how little reading I've done lately.

-Be more intentional in connecting with friends

-Be consistent in my Bible study / prayer time... I truly believe it helps me keep my ears & heart open tot the Holy Spirit.

-Be more intentional in caring for my health

Well that was long... I think it's time to post one of the cards I made ages ago & didn't get around to posting. This one was made for my sweet niece's 3rd birthday. I actually made it for her in the summer, when me & my crafty friends got together to play with the Stampin' Up  2016-2018 In Colors. I still haven't purchased any of the inks because I'm still debating which ones I'd actually use once they're retired.


Card Count 1/365

Card Details - All products Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, Dapper Denim, Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Over The Rainbow

No comments: