Sunday, January 19, 2014

(Almost) Superbowl Sunday

I have the football game on as I type this post.. Seattle vs San Francisco. If the 'Hawks lose, I won't have much motivation to watch the Super Bowl - hence the post title. With the exception of NHL hockey, I generally don't enjoy watching sports on television. That said, it occurs to me that I do like Payton Manning, so I can cheer for the Broncos to beat the Niners if it comes to that. At least the Patriots are out. I hate the Patriots. I mean, irrational, fire-of-a-thousand-burning-suns hate. The cheating, the attitude, all of it. I just can't stand them. Thrilled they're out again. 

Anyway... two Christmas cards today, my last two for the month to meet my quota for the SCS Christmas challenge. Cardmakers, this is an ongoing challenge you can join at any time, so we'd love to see you take part! Each month there is an optional challenge to jumpstart our mojo. Ironically, this month's challenge is Peace. I have two cards that fit the challenge. 

This first card is one that I made from some pieces I recycled. The cracked glass image and the sentiment strip were pillaged from a card I received from someone a long time ago. There was something about the original design I didn't like, so I decided to mess around an make something a little more masculine. I'm still not super happy with the layout, but it'll have to do. 


The second card is one that I had in a kit. We had made 5 cards one night at my demo's house - this would have been Christmas 2012 (I looked up the stamp set to confirm what year it came out; it was a one-off from last year's holiday catalogue). I posted another example of the set here.  The only real differences are that I changed the orientation, used a different sentiment, and I used dimensionals to raise the image panel. I think, in retrospect, that I prefer the horizontal orientation. I also should have trimmed the sentiment tomake it a wee bit smaller. I'll likely fix that soon. My trimmer, however, is in the trunk of my car and I'm too lazy to go get it tonight.


I actually got a number of cards done on Friday when I was visiting with friends, so I'll have lots to post this week. I took a bag of scraps to my friend and I've already got another one the go for when I see her on the 31st. I was looking through the pile of card bits I saved and I realized it was just NOT inspiring me anymore, so out it goes!

Back tomorrow with a Monday Make & Take!
Card Details
Wishing You Peace
Cardstock: Browns, red (Bazzill); Vintage Violet (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Vintage Violet (SU)
Stamps: Wishing You (SU)

Peace On Earth
Cardstock: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Ink: Staz-on Black, Illuminate pad
Stamps: Frosty Friends, Snow Swirled, Four the Holidays
Other: Seam binding

Challenge Objectives
January Christmas card challenge 10/10
100 in 100 Challenge 9/100

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Nice cards... each so unique.

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love the sparkly border and snow on the second card. Cute way to dress up the image!

Margaret said...

Such cute cards. My SIL is a big 49r's fan. They have a Super Bowl party every year. This year it's all about the food. Gotta have something to cheer them up. ;)

MiamiKel said...

Both are quite lovely!!