Sunday, April 29, 2018

VC Rocks Fun With One Color Blog Hop

Well hello!

I cannot believe it's been over a year since I've posted to my blog. Our Yahoo! group VC Rocks has started up again for the season, and we're starting the month of May with a blog hop. The theme this time is Fun With One Color.

VC Rocks is a group of SU stampers who do all sorts of fun activities for each summer. You can learn more about us at the website.

I've got two cards to share with you today. I want to get back to posting at least 3 times a week, so I'll be back again at least twice this week with more cards that fit the theme of today's post.

The first card I am sharing use Lemon Lime Twist. It's by far my favorite of the 2017-2019 In Colors. In fact, I'm very sad that when Stampin' Up announced their upcoming color family revamp, they didn't move this color into the core palette. I get why they didn't - it's sticking around for another year & that would leave the In Colors short one for a year - but I can't help it. I love this color. I don't want to lose it. I also really love this stamp set. The funny thing is I was unsure I'd use it when I first saw it. The basic design for this card came from my friend Laura B, who is an SU demo. She hosts a stamper's group at my place once a month.  

I apologize for the fact that the color is off; I'm not quite sure why. I do know I need to get a better light set up for photographing my card, but in this case I think it's more than that. 



The next card also uses one of the returning In Colors - Berry Burst. It's another one I made in on a card night. I admit I'm still not in love with this set. It does work really well here on this clean and simple 'Hello' card, though.

I'm the last stop on this month's hop. If you're starting here, head over to Robin's blog - she's the first person on the list.  We love comments so please go through and comment on all the participants' posts.

Or, if you've completed the hop, head over to VC Rocks and  leave a comment there, too!

Card details - All products Stampin' Up!

Happy Birthday Gorgeous

Stamps:
 Beautiful You
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist
Ink: Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist
DSP: In Color Pack

Hello

Stamps: Climbing Orchid
Dies: Orchid Builder Framelits
Cardstock:  Berry Burst, Whisper White
Ink: Berry Burst, Chocolate Chip





8 comments:

Catie Palmer said...

Great cards. Thanks for sharing.

Terri said...

We both used LLT! Great cards, Tania! TFS

Robin Messenheimer said...

With only 5 hoppers and 40+ colors, who'd have thunk that two of you ladies would use the same color. I love the way you used the color with this set!

fancynancykay said...

That's the first of the Orchid stamp set cards that I can honestly say I LOVE! Great job on the cards (and I commiserate with you on the photographing cards... a light box helps, though!).

Nanc

Carol Read said...

Great cards.....that orchid one is very nice! I love that! Hope you are able to get back into the swing of blogging. I try to do it everyday and well sometimes I fall short. I am thinking of dropping it to every other maybe lol Thanks for Hopping with us!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

These are great cards! Love the Lemon Lime Beautiful You Card, and am very surprised that I also love the Orchid Card, it's simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Carey said...

Enjoy seeing both of these cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
Mother of Musky and Leo

Debbie Peterson said...

Pretty cards! Thanks!